Thursday, February 12, 2009

illiteracy

i am astounded at the concept of adult illiteracy. recently, i found out that one of my neighbors, a woman in her 60's probably, does not know how to read. she, in fact, missed a community event because she couldn't read her invitation.
i absolutely cannot fathom this idea. it just blows my mind. i try to imagine all the words and books around me being in a foreign language. i can't do it! info at: http://www.proliteracy.org/
speaking of words and books...reminds me of libraries! my library is great, they have storytime every week and so i always check out lots of new books! it's such a fantastic resource. below is my bookbag this week! also i am planning on writing reviews on books i check out. i think.

1 comment:

Merriment said...

Illiteracy is a very terrible thing. I couldn't imagine not being able to read all the things I do every day.